Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

The Host


For those of you who for some reason don't know, I love the Twilight series. I am strangely obsessed by these books and can not seem to put them down. Except for this past week... I have fallen in love with The Host, Stephenie Meyer's new book. It's not about vampires, but....aliens! It's not a hostile alien takeover, but rather a calm alien takeover. HA! It really touched me on a deep level. You truly can see things from both the human and the alien point of view. It's plugged as a love story, but I didn't see it that way. I saw it as a human story. The struggle of life and what you decide to do with it. Doing what needs to be done because it is right, and looking past the exterior of people and accepting them for who they are. The characters in this book go on such a "soul searching" journey. My favorite books always have that element in it. People becoming better because of the decisions they make with their agency. I'd like to think that at the end of my life, I can count myself among those that do change for the better because of the journey they take. I highly recommend this book. When you read it, let me know what you think!

1 additional ramblings:

Kayla said...

I havent read it yet, but I as well am obsessed with twlight series...and I heard this one is just as amazing!!! I cant wait to read it :)