Two weeks ago I attended The Host book signing at Highland Highschool. It was a lot of fun. I went with my friend, McAnn from work and her two cousins. She is so sweet. She made t-shirts for all of us.
We were NOT the only ones there with t-shirts either. Though I must say that ours were by FAR the best. This one in particular was one of my favorites though. I could completely relate.
We got there at 9:30 in the morning and made our way from the entrance, past the auditorium, through the hall and into the lunch room to get in line. The line was huge! By the time more people showed up, it stretched out past the lunch room and down another hallway. I never did see the back of the line. It was insanity.
It was about 10:30 or so we were able to get into the auditorium and get our seats. (We got good ones) The auditorium was packed! I've never seen so many hyper women in all my life!
Thanks to McAnn, we were in group #2!! Hooray! Stephenie was so sweet. (Kevin's response to this was, "Of course she was nice, you're buying her crap!" So poetic.) She was amazed at how many books I had brought. My Host, My Twilight, a Twilight for a sister in law, a Host for a sister in law and a Host for an aunt. She told me that I was so kind to do that for them since she knew how heavy it was to lug around all those books. We sat around until 1:00 when she finally spoke and answered some questions. I should have blogged sooner because I can't remember any of the questions she answered. As far as I can remember there weren't any doozies that stand out. I may have to edit later if something comes to mind. HA! Yeah, yeah, I know the pictures aren't really great of Stephenie.
We were able to leave by 1:30 ish and went to eat. It was a great day and I'm so glad that I got to meet Stephenie Meyer! I'll never forget it. I know, I know...I'm pathetic.



1 additional ramblings:
Amanda! It was great to hear from you. Cute fam. I'm so glad we can now keep in touch. Wow, I totally wish I was there with you at the book signing. I just finished The Host on Thursday and really loved it. I'm about to re-read the Twiligh series so they can be fresh on my mind for when the 4th book comes out in...what...62 days. Yess. Cool stuff.
Post a Comment