Well, my Mama got back from her mission this past week. She was serving in the San Bernardino Mission in the mission home/office. She loved every minute of it, but is glad to be home.
I fixed up the junk/craft room for her to stay in until she found an apartment. Will post pictures of that soon.
When she had her welcome home talk in her home ward, the Bishop got up to make remarks after she had finished. He apparently made a slip that Mama says is common, and called her Zaggie Mug. I didn't hear it, but she and the other lady on the stand did.
Mama only stayed with us for a week but Thomas loved every minute of it. The two of them played together for countless hours, giving me a much needed break. Thanks Mom! She made him some sticker books, some puzzles of the Savior with children I had been saving and she and I had designed and made some rockets, planets and space rocks magnets. Thomas is in love! He thinks the world of her.
When we moved her out only a week later, he was not happy. He kept asking if Grandma Maggie would come back. So sad. Break my heart. He is asking me about it right now as a matter of fact.
I am happy that Mom is back, and that Thomas already has such a great relationship with her. We kept talking about her and showing him pictures and praying for her while she was gone so when she showed up at our house he wasn't concerned about the weird lady sleeping in the room next to his. I think it worked. Ha!
Thursday, February 4, 2010
Zaggie Mug
Rambled by Mandy at Thursday, February 04, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 additional ramblings:
I've been calling to call you to see how things were going. I'm glad that everything went well with your mom, you should post pictures of the bedroom.
We want your coveted caramel recipe! It was awesome.
Post a Comment