Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Snippets of sweetness



Last night, I was teaching Kevin how to make my coveted carmel popcorn. (Dangerous.)


As I was explaining stuff to him, Thomas came up inbetween us and the counter with his head tilted back as far as it could go to look at us and said,


"I'm bugging Mamma and Dad."


We immediately burst into laughter.


Wherever he got this from, we have no clue.




Thomas loves watching Little Einsteins on the Disney Channel.


It's fun to see him absorb all the little details...


and even more fun to see what he retains afterwards and puts into action in his own play time.


There was an episode where they went into a cave


and there were bats and spiders.


Ever since he randomly runs to you and yells at the top of his little lungs,


"The bats are coming!"


The look of utter concern on his face breaks my heart.


To sway him away from fear and more toward power, I tell him to tell the bats to go away.


"Go away bats! Go away bats!"


I cheer for him and celebrate that the bats are gone. Triumph!


...Until he comes back minutes later to tell me,


"There are monsters in the forest!"

0 additional ramblings: