Due to popular demand, here are the before, during and after pictures of the room we overhauled for my mom to stay in.
It was a very plain room without curtains. And just plain neglected to be honest. Plain old white, but it was like primer white. There were gouges in the walls here and there. So my first task was to empty the room of all the junk that had accumulated. (Yard sale come spring!) Next was to fill the holes/gouges and add texture after sanding.

I chose two shades of gray: Burnished Metal and Cathedral Gray. I wanted it to be neutral but not plain. I don't want to have to redecorate/ repaint down the line so I kept it classic. We did the wall opposite of the door the darker of the two grays.

Thomas really wanted to get in on the action. So after we painted around the edges, we let him. He loved it. Such a good helper. Or rather- enthusiastic helper. Yeah, that sounds about right.

We were afraid as we were painting that in the light we were getting, the gray looked LAVENDAR. No joke. And the darker gray looked almost like a light plum. It still seems that way in certain light, but the gray is becoming more and more apparent.

We brought the Cathedral Gray past the wannabe balkhead and into the one side of the closet. I think it looks awesome. Especially with the shelf in the closet white. The contrast made me happy. I love to see the two colors meet and see the juxtoposition.

I'm glad we did it. It was a bit of a pain, but with my loving husband's help, we got it done and it looks great. Mom loved it for the short while she was with us. I hope the next inhabitant likes it as much.
2 additional ramblings:
I have to come see this, it looks SO pretty!!!
It looks like it turned out great!
Post a Comment