Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

I hate word problems.

George says he is buying four apples and wants to eat them immediately, but Bill says he should preserve them and put them in food storage. George says he really wants to make apple pie with the apples immediately after getting them, but will let Bill have two of the four apples to do whatever he wants with- put in storage or make something else fun with it. George only buys three apples and then uses two of them to make apple pie. How many apples does Bill end up with?

Too complicated? Let me simplify it for you.

If George says he is buying four apples and Bill can have two of them, but George only buys three apples, and then eats two apples, who gets screwed?

I hate word problems.

2 additional ramblings:

Amy said...

LOL, where did this come from? Going back to school?

Jessica said...

Isn't the answer 1? Or am I totally overlooking something?