So, the moment has come and it has gone. Stephenie Meyer's finale to her Twilight saga has come out. My two sisters in law and I went to Wal-Mart at midnight to pick up our copies. We were #'s 148, 149 & 150. There were well over 300 people there. We chilled in the lawn and garden center until the clock struck and the line began to move.
I finished the book Sunday afternoon- and was sorely disappointed. The story line for me was outrageous and I just couldn't believe it. (As far as vampires & werewolves are believable) I won't spoil any details for those of you who aren't finished. Let's just say that it wasn't until the last 80 or so pages that I felt like I was reading what I had hoped I would. I am re-vamping it, giving it the benefit of the doubt. I'll wait to make any reassessments until I am done.
As ALL over this series as I have been, I don't think I'll recommend this series to anyone anymore. It was too much of a downer for me and I would hate to be the reason someone else was disappointed. Twilight still is one of my most favorite books ever, and it will continue to be. Stephenie is still a great story teller, and I am so happy that she had a dream of a vampire and a girl in a meadow once upon a time.
Wednesday, August 6, 2008
Breaking Down over Breaking Dawn
Rambled by Mandy at Wednesday, August 06, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 additional ramblings:
I'm so sad it was a disappointment for you. Expectations are a hard thing to meet in books like that. I can't wait to see you guys again! Are you gonna go to my mom's on Sunday? I hope so. We're going swimming Saturday with Kristi too. Hopefully we'll see you there, Lisa
Hi Mandy -
Sorry you were so disappointed in the book. I really liked the other books in the series and had no idea what to expect in the last one. I read the book pretty quickly and I enjoyed it since I didn't really have any expectations about it. Now I need some recommendations for something to read! Any suggestions?
It's good to see you and your family are doing well. I miss your family. Take care - Kennen
I am re reading it and so far I am having better feelings about it. I am still not a fan of reading from Jacob's perspective, though I understand why we needed to. It just felt WAY too out there for me. I am finding more and more moments of brilliance which is making me extremely happy.
Yes Lisa, as far as I know I will be in attendance for both Kristi's & Marci's.
Kennen- good to hear from you too! We are doing okay and trying to keep up with Thomas growing like a weed. Mom is on her mission in San Bernadino with Prs. Sanchez. She says she loves it. Nothing else is new though. Have you read The Host yet? That would be my first recommendation. Other than that, I myself am also looking for new stuff. I'll keep you posted if you will. :) Mandy
Yes I have already read The Host and I really, really liked it. It was a nice departure from the other books. So for sure if you hear of any other good reads, let me know. I think it's pretty cool that your mom is serving in the same mission with Dave and Carol.
Post a Comment