Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Monday, July 28, 2008

Life goes on

So as I'm sure most of you have noticed- I haven't updated my blog in a month! There is a reason for this I promise.

Some of you already know this, but for those that don't: after Thomas was born I've had some serious post partem depression. It's been a struggle getting back to normal to say the least. I think the post partem part is becoming regulated- but I am having the hardest time dealing with day to day life. Meaning: I shouldn't be having panic attacks rushing to make it to the grocery store after work because I don't want to pack Thomas around the store with me. I shouldn't lose my temper when the dog doesn't come after calling her two times. I've been in tears at the drop of a hat feeling as though I were being stretched too far. (Yes I realize that everyone else seems to accomplish living day to day without freaking out and have much more pulling on them than I do.)

Having said that- I needed some time to gather my center again in hopes that I can apporach life with a level head and a "fresh start". I took two weeks off of work do to just that. It has helped a lot. I have been able to spend some time with Kevin, Thomas and Chewy. While trying to figure out my meds and things counselors were telling me- everything seemed to be summed up when I went to Relief Society yesterday. The lesson was on following the prophet. Now, President Monson hasn't given any advice on post partem depression that I'm aware of- however, the sweet sister giving the lesson offered this quote as a way to help us get through the tough times:

"It isn't as bad as you sometimes think it is.
It all works out. Don't worry.
I say that to myself every morning.
It will all work out.
If you do your best, it will all work out.
Put your trust in God and move forward with
faith and confidence in the future.
The Lord will not forsake us.
If we will put out trust in Him, if we will pray to Him,
if we will love worthy of His blessings,
He will hear our prayers."
President Gordon B. Hinckley
Leave it to a prophet to "guide us in these latter days". The answer is right there for me to take whenever I need it. Not to say that my chemicals aren't messed up- but I need to remember to have the faith that I CAN do it. We are only alone if we choose to be. There is always someone there who loves us and wants us to succeed. If it worked for President Hinckley, why couldn't it work for me?

8 additional ramblings:

Adrianne said...

I am soooo glad that you came to R.S. on SUnday. It was a great Joy to have you there!!! YOu and your family are so sweet and you are a GREAT mother, wife and friend!! You will make it through this and you are all ready doing a GREAT job!!

bigtallhorses said...

Mandy, you are amazing! thanks for the quote, life is very hard but it sounds like you are doing all the right things. and we sure love beautiful you and your fun family!

Corinne said...

Thank you so much for sharing that.

Heidi said...

What a great quote! You will look back on this someday and be grateful you went through it and probably even think it wasn't as bad as it seemed. You're amazing!

Me said...

I've had some rough times too, and I think that most of the battle is just admitting that you can't do everything and thats its okay to be like that.
I'm glad that you took some time for yourself. Keep going!

[Morgan] said...

You are definitely not alone in this. It's common for many moms. Myself included. You've always had a good head on your shoulders and are very caring and compassionate. I appreciated your honesty in this post, glad to hear you are doing better. Thanks for sharing that quote!
love you!

Kennen said...

I agree with what Morgan said! You are an amazing person. Take care of yourself and that sweet little guy.

Laura said...

Mandy, this is such a huge challenge, I am SO happy to hear that you are making progress toward healing! It can be so hard because the cause of the difficulty is so elusive and hidden, not like a physical disease that people readily acknowledge as a valid reason that life is harder than usual. Day to day life can be such a challenge and yet sometimes you really wonder why. But there really is a valid reason life is so hard now and every little bit of progress is such a triumph! You probably already know that, but it really helped me once I realized why it was so hard. I really appreciate your being honest about it and I am sure that others who are suffering from depression now will even more.
I am very glad that you have found help from the Lord. I believe that complete healing as well as the strength to carry on in the mean time, will ultimately come from Him after everything that you and anyone else can do.