The title of this post is to be read with the Arnold Scwarzanegger accent.
Some of you may know that my health has been on the schitz. First of all I'd like to thank everyone for being so helpful and understanding while I've been out of commission.
Here's the back story:
It first hit the first week I was home on medical leave. Extreme headache, room spinning dizziness and non stop vomiting. I didn't eat for 4 days. I ended up going to instacare where they "diagnosed" me with a possible stomach virus and severe dehydration. So after some saline, they sent me home to rest and have fluids only. Yeah right- after not eating anything for 4 days I was HUNGRY!
Anyway- I was out of it for that whole week. The next week was better, but still had a mild headache. Back to work the next week- (headache persisting) then last week happened. You know, there's nothing quite like walking down the hallway at your office while hugging your garbage can to your chest as you make your way to the bathroom to throw up. Priceless. It got so bad I had Kevin take me to the hospital on Thursday. The Dr. there started spouting out stuff about constricting vessels and brain tumors and such. WHAT? BRAIN TUMOR??? So after I happily signed that I WAS NOT pregnant they took me to get a CT scan. Can I just say that the "contrast" they use to see your vessels better is quite the trip. You get hot all over and you are slightly trembling and there's a metallic taste and burn in the back of your throat not to mention the feeling that you've wet yourself. No joke. (I imagine it's what it would feel like A: to phase into a werewolf or B: what vamps feel like when they're thirsty. [minus the whole peeing your pants bit] It's a Twilight thing. If you don't get it, just move on.)
Luckily the scans came out perfectly fine and there is NO tumor. The Dr. has preliminarily attributed my symptoms to a UTI, dehydration, possible side effects from medication and "an extreme reaction to acute stress". Me? Stress? What? I don't know what you're talking about! As I was laying there in the hospital with nothing to do but think- I started thinking about what the possible triggers for the stress could be. I even remembered back to Elementary school when I was constantly going home from school sick. My body it turned out was reacting to stress and I had to see the school counselor every day to help me deal with it then I could go back to class. I think my body is doing the same thing. It doesn't know how to deal with the stress I have and the only release is to make me violently ill. So, off to the counselor I go again to re-learn how to deal with my stress level so I can be functional. Wish me luck!
Wednesday, August 13, 2008
It's not a tumah!
Rambled by Mandy at Wednesday, August 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



6 additional ramblings:
Good Luck Mandy! Hopefully in a couple of days or weeks you will be feeling MUCH better and back to normal!! I care a lot about you as a friend and I hope it all turns out good for you!! Your a great friend and mother to Thomas!! If you need anything, please don't hesitate to call me. I am always home now!!
I glad it's not a tumor! I had the iv contrast done for a CT scan once and I thought for darn sure that I'd peed all over... I kept asking, and the nurse kept assuring me I hadn't. You right, talk about a trip!
Mandy Lou! I am SOO happy its not anything serious! And I seriously LOVE that you compared it to twilight! haah I love you! And I love your blog! Good luck
I so sympathize with the stress symptoms. Anxiety is my middle name.
Also, thanks so much for linking to Blogtations! To show my appreciation I've made you an honorary member of the Street Team. :)
Wow, I didn't know! I guess that is what happens when we live thousands of miles away. I'm glad that it isn't a tumor, and hopefully your counseling will help you out, I'd take that over pills. I hope that you start to feel better, Love ya!!
Wow! That sounds terrible! I had no idea and I'm just a few houses away! I hope you are feeling better! Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help, like watching Thomas or anything!
Post a Comment