After getting back home and taking a nap, We headed over to Kevin's Uncle & Aunt's house for the family festivities. Dinner was delicious as usual with all the fun things we all bring. Thank you so much to Big A and Debbie for hosting the shin-dig every year.
Kevin got in the kiddie pool with Thomas while I was on picture duty.
The volley ball tournament started and they played several games. Kevin's family is amazing at volley ball. All of them. It is fun to see them really go for it. Even the pregnant cousins join in. (Just because I don't play doesn't mean that I don't appreciate the skill they all have.)

I got to hold Thomas and warm him up after swimming, before Kevin took him on the trampoline for the first time. He had a blast! The pictures aren't the best quality here. He wasn't exactly at a stand still. Kevin and I laughed SO hard.
I got to hold Thomas and warm him up after swimming, before Kevin took him on the trampoline for the first time. He had a blast! The pictures aren't the best quality here. He wasn't exactly at a stand still. Kevin and I laughed SO hard.
After another volleyball game in the dark, we headed over to the church lawn to watch the Centerville fireworks. Thomas loves them. He loves looking for the colors and hearing the boom. About halfway through the show, Thomas said something so profound, it took me back a bit. "Fireworks. Dancing. Sky." I nearly teared up. Yes, son, I couldn't have said it better myself.
Thomas and I headed back home to sleep in our own bed, after having been in a hotel the previous night and much sleep deprived, and Kevin stayed a bit to stay up with every one else and get the traditional midnight pizza. I am told that it all started way back in the day when July 3rd landed on a Sunday. (The party always starts on the 3rd and doesn't end until the 4th.) The kids all started getting hungry and wanted to order a pizza. The parents wouldn't allow it because it was Sunday, and told them they had to wait until midnight so it would be Monday. The rest is history.
The next morning, we woke up and headed back over for the parade and the breakfast. Thomas loved the firetrucks. He sat on my lap and waved his little flag and waved. Every once in a while I would let him up to get a piece of candy that came close. Kevin reached out for the farther ones. The breakfast was delicious as usual thanks to Allen & Debbie. We decided to give Thomas a ride on the see saw. He squealed and laughed. 





We finished up the night with some snaps and sparklers in the back yard. I would say it was a good fourth of July.




1 additional ramblings:
very fun I can see that you guys enjoyed yourself! What fun!
Post a Comment