Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Adventures with a 20 month old

So we bought some juice at Costco that was an Apple, Peach Passion Fruit blend. Thomas requested Apple juice and I had to tell him we didn't have Apple juice, but we did have Apple, Peach, Passion juice. He looked at me a minute, said ok, and took the drink from me. He took a sip, looked at me again with a bright smile on his face. "Passion!" He cried, "Yum!" He's been asking for "Passion" ever since. I hope he doesn't request this drink in nursery or I'm going to have some serious explaining to do.


We went for a drive in the canyon this past Sunday up to the Farmington radar domes. Thomas had fun running around the top of the mountain. He found three rocks that he couldn't be parted with. So, we have 3 new pet rocks that end up in one place or another around the house.





The Blazer got filthy. So yesterday I took Thomas with me to go get it washed. I told him that the car was dirty and needed a bath. I was worried that he would be afraid of the loud noise, so I was explaining to him what each step was, "Ooh, look at the water rinsing off all the dirt! Here come the bubbles to wash the car to make it clean! Now it's time to..." He started crying. Great- I thought we were doing so well with not being afraid. I asked him what was wrong. To which he replied, "Bubbles! Wash away. Bubbles! Want Bubbles!" The poor little guy didn't want the bubbles to go away yet. I supressed a giggle and explained that like him in the tub, the bubbles wash us and then we have to wash them away. He sniffled a bit, and then got over it when I asked him if he had his rocks with him. Luckily, he did.

3 additional ramblings:

[Morgan] said...

cute cute cute.

Adrianne said...

funny! he is a funny kid! and bright one, which i might add!! My kids love rocks too! it's fun!

Amy said...

LOL, that is so cute! And you both look adorable in that pic on the beach, so fun!