Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Monday, September 13, 2010

Guardian Angels

I was coming home from a dance promotion in Park City with two gals from the studio; on I-80 West Bound around 8:30 when I saw slowing ahead of me, I began breaking, when my passenger realized that the cars in front of me were drastically slowing, not merely breaking slightly. She told me later that she had been having the impression for a few days to watch the cars in front of her no matter what. I slowed down rapidly and looked in my rear view mirror. I saw the Jeep's headlights coming up much too quickly and was certain that it was going to hit me. I braced for it.
I saw the headlights swerving slightly and then at the last second the jeep swerved into the fast lane, nearly hitting my side view mirror, and slammed his breaks on. The tires were screeching as he was trying to break. The car fishtailed and he tried to gain control but over corrected. The Jeep swerved abruptly to the left and into the embankment and then rolled into East Bound traffic. My passenger called 911 immediately. The Dispatcher said they would send units immediately.
The driver of the Jeep was going much too fast and lost control of the vehicle only after trying to break for the slow down.
(Which I am told from another dancer who was approximately 5 miles in front of us that another driver was cutting off cars and swerving in and out of traffic- Most likely causing the need for abrupt stopping.)

If anything had gone any other way- I would have been involved in that accident. If my friend hadn't noticed how quickly the cars were stopping I couldn have hit the car in front of me, and then the jeep would have smashed into me too, or if I had tried to change lanes, I could have done what the jeep did- It was a miracle that we were okay.

My heart and condolences go to the family of the firefighter who was killed.

1 additional ramblings:

Heather said...

I'm so glad you're safe tonight. Love your blog!