Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Monday, February 23, 2009

Both ends of the spectrum...

Valentines Day was an eventful one for me this year. Mom & Dad were gracious enough to let Thomas sleep over that night so Kevin could go to his overnight job while I attended the Vienna Ball. It was wonderful. I got to dress up in an evening gown, and Martin went in his tails. We had six other people from the studio come and attend with us. It was a charity function that featured the Salt Lake Symphony. We had Viennese cuisine and danced all night to authentic Viennese Waltzes. It was magical- except for the percussionist who wasn't quite on the beat which made for some interesting dance moves while trying to keep up with him. :) My client and date for the evening, Glade, brought flowers to all the ladies who were at our table. AWWW. Martin brought us M&M's. AWWW. I got a blister. AWWW- wait I mean OWWWW! Yes, the night you will be dancing from 8 until midnight is not the night you should break in new dance shoes BTW.

We danced and danced all night. It was a blast. I really felt like Cinderella all gussied up and floating across the ball room. It was just great.
The evening came to a close and we all went our separate ways. I had carpooled with Martin and Tony so I wouldn't have the chance to get lost. On the way back to thier house, Martin asks, "You up for a cha-cha?" Huh? Haven't we been dancing all night long? Aren't his feet as tired as mine? Didn't he get any blisters? Where on Earth are we going to cha-cha at 12:30 AM? "Maybe. What do you have in mind?" "There's this fun new club I want to show the two of you." "Okay sure-Why not?" So we drive around until we see this little club with lights pulsing from the inside. The sign out front said JAM. Hmmm. Sounds like a good name for a dance club. I laugh at our attire. Tony in a traditional tux, (black velvet jacket no less.) Martin in his dark navy blue Tails, and me in a black lacy beaded evening gown. I'm thinking of the spectacle we will make when the three of us walk through the doors. 5 feet from the entrance Martin says, "Your husband will freak out when he hears I took you to a gay bar." HUH?!?! Did I hear him right? Did this man say GAY and BAR in the same sentence as we are 5 feet from the door of a CLUB? All I could do was laugh. And I thought we were the ones who would stick out like sore thumbs because of our attire... uh... yeah.... I think I should have named this post 2 Gays and a Straight Girl.
There were only a few girls there, mostly guys. They were all dressed up to pick up a honey for Valentines day. It was actually a nice club. There was a dancing area and a sitting area with a TV. Playing basketball no less. It's a beer only club- no smoking. The music was really good clubbing music. We dropped off our coats and no one even noticed what we were wearing. I took off my shoes and we headed for the dance floor. Martin in his shirtsleeves and suspenders and me in the evening gown sans shoes went for it. We busted out a cha-cha in the middle of a gay bar. We drew a crowd who started whooping and cheering. I think the cheers were for Martin. Unless they were all jealous of my dress and wanted it. :) Cha-cha turned into Hustle and we had a blast. We ended the dance and I went to grab Tony. He didn't know how to "ballroom dance" so I just told him to groove. I had to laugh as I was surrounded by homosexuals. I never in a million years would have dreamt that I'd be spending Valentines Night in the midst of 20 gay men. As we were leaving, Tony excorted me out by the arm. Martin dragged behind. We said goodnight to the Bouncer and walked to the car. Martin comes running up behind me, "Here's a Valentine's Day present for your husband." He hands me a little plastic bag tied with a bow. I almost couldn't look. The contents were enough "supplies" to keep a small army in "business" for a week. I won't bore you with the gory details...
I bet Cinderella didn't have as many surprises even with a Fairy Godmother. I did just as well with a couple of Fairies. HA!
Vienna Ball to Gay Bar. Hmmm. Both ends of the spectrum indeed.
To see more pictures from the Vienna Ball, Go to http://www.ballroomutah.com/ and click on the link.

1 additional ramblings:

Adrianne said...

sounds like you had a very interesting night! I am glad that you had fun! I need to learn how ot dance one of these days! I totally miss clogging (that is what I use to do), but I love to ballroom dance! It is so peaceful but can be so fun!
Good job!