I was tagged by my beautiful niece, Amy. As I sit down to write 10 honest things about myself, I am overwhelmed by the possibilities. Let's see where unplanned typing gets me.
1. I am WAY too easily obsessed with things. Frivilous, fictitious things. Example: Twilight, LOST, Alias, Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter. Once I latch on, it's a beast to get me off. I have the books, the DVD's, the inside secrets, the pictures, the collectables. I read and write fanfiction. I can quote you line for line who said what to whom and when and what page it was on and who was where when they said it and why they said it and what they were wearing when they said it. I know I'm just plain MESSED UP!
2. I am terrified to the point of paralysis of snakes. I can't see one up close, on TV, in a book or anything. I even have a hard time with Sir Hiss from Robin Hood. (One of my most favorite Disney films ever!) It is really amazing that somehow I am in to Harry Potter. I skim the pages, or I close my eyes during the movies. Even the toys which are obviuosly fake ,dare I say it stuffed PLUSH snakes. Kevin sent me into a panic attack- literally in IKEA forever ago. He threw a stuffed snake at me and I lost it. He will never do that again.
3. I love snuggling with Thomas. When he's tired or not feeling well and he comes up to me and says, "Up. Snuggle. Momma." I can't resist. Although his "snuggle" sounds a lot like "taco". I hold him to my chest and let him lay on me. I smell his hair and rub my hand down his back. I love to feel him sigh and let go of all his little worries.
4. I LOVE to see my husband in his Police uniform. His Motor uniform to be exact. There's just something about those tight pants and high riding boots...ahem.
5. I am ridiculously afraid of the unknown. Meaning: If I haven't done something before, there is a fat chance you'll convince me to do it. I know- how limiting. Never been on a roller coaster- never want to. Not only things, but places. I don't go places if I haven't been there before and or if I don't have DANG good directions on how to get there. Better yet- YOU DRIVE ME. My hubby got so sick of it, he bought me a GPS system for the car for my birthday two years ago.
6. I love Chocolate. To the point of addiction. I love Chocolate.
7. I will do everything I can to keep from being embarrassed. Though, it usually ends up backfiring, and I get embarrassed anyway. Cue the blush! Bella Swan and I are blushing buddies. :)
8. I care about what others think about me. My husband could care less what people think about him. He says, "I am who I am, and if people don't like me, that's their problem." Then there's me. "Please like me. PLEASE like me. Please like me?"
9. I cry at Hallmark commercials. You know the ones they played 7 years ago where the old woman is waiting and waiting for any piece of mail but none comes, and she's all alone thinking that no one remembers her. Then she gets a card in the mail from a little boy across the street and it makes her day and you see the little boy all happy because he made an old lady smile. Yeah-that one makes me cry.
10. I absolutlely love old movie musicals. Some of my favorites and favorite songs from them: Easter Parade: It only Happens When I Dance with You; Calamity Jane: I Could Do Without You; 7 Brides for 7 Brothers: Lonesome Pole Cat; Singing in the Rain: Good Mornin'. They're just magical. Highly reccommend. Anybody want to watch one with me?
I tag Adrianne, Morgan, Alexis, Janci & Heidi N. (something to think about while on bedrest.)
Monday, February 23, 2009
10 Honest Things About Myself
Rambled by Mandy at Monday, February 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 additional ramblings:
AMEN on number 7. ha! i even get embarrassed for others.
i just posted about ten thoughts, does that count? lol.
and i care what people think too. i've actually thought a lot about this and almost did a whole post on it. i don't want to care what others think, but i came to this conclusion.
the part of me that cares what people think is the same part of me that CARES about people. and i'm not willing to give that up, so they must come together i guess, for me at least:) my husband doesn't care what people think like yours, but he also doesn't care about people all that much... see what i'm saying? ha ha.
what a fun read!
I Love that Robin Hood movie too!
Those are fun to read! It was fun!
Post a Comment