We had planted some bushes outside out front window last summer. We picked them because we liked the FEW maroon flowers they had. It was near the end of the season, and winter came before we knew it. They were pretty scraggly looking even up until a week ago. We were worried that they weren't going to make it. Today I get home from work and Holy Cow! You can hardly see any leaves for all the flowers on them! I also noticed that our miniature roses and our peonies were in bloom. It's crazy how they sneak up on you. One day they look like they're about to keel over, and the next it's like they exploded with life.
We also have a squirrel. Last fall we noticed a little hole by our front walk. I had finished picking up the mail and saw a squirrel race across the driveway from the neighbor's yard holding a acorn and DOVE into the hole. It was hilarious. He must have stored up enough acorns from the neighbor's oak tree, cause this spring, he's still here! Chewy growls at it through the blinds. (like she would know what to do with it if she caught it. It's practically the same size she is!) I was able to sneak a photo of it in between the blinds though. Isn't he cute?




5 additional ramblings:
His name is Nutty and I can't believe he's cheating on us! :) That squirrel has lived under our porch since we've lived here and we have the pictures to prove it. That's too funny that he's stockpiling acorns at both houses, he makes indents in our lawn from where he runs out of his hole. Your flowers look beautiful!
Nutty eh? I've been calling him Rocky... Oh well. Nutty it is! Apparently he's a fickle little bugger. :)
I have google reader so I forget sometimes to add people to my friend's list, but you are totally on their now!
You are funny.
I just can't get over how cute your little guy is, that picture on the side column is adorable!
Heya!
Yeah, it's Kaitlen again. Sorry I haven't commented in a while. We get tons of bunnies in our yard. It's hilarious to see Lireal (one of my cats) chase them. That squirrel is so cute!!!!
Post a Comment