Woah- the past couple of months year has been pretty crazy around here. Pregnancy, bed rest, shooting, c- section, and new motherhood again have kept me pretty busy. If it hasn't been one thing, it's a million others.
And looking back at all of it, I can see the Hand of the Lord in my life. Yes- I could see blessings in the thick of it. However, when you look at how one thing fit in with others, you can't deny the guidance of the Lord in all things. He truly knows who I am and what I need.
Yes, you read correctly above. Shooting. On December 29th, Kevin was involved with two other officers in West Valley in a man with a gun call. He got the official clearance of a justified shooting just this past week. We haven't been able to talk about it until now- when the investigation is officially closed. He had hoped to not have to ever fire his weapon, but he had always said, if it was him or the other guy- he was coming home to his family. Unfortunately, the suspect chose suicide by cop.
The phone call from Kevin to tell me was one I had hoped never to get. At least it was to tell me that he was okay and that he would be home later that night. It could have been a very different phone call. I thank the Lord that it wasn't. Being seven months pregnant and on bed rest was hard enough, and the subsequent contractions due to the stress of the situation made for an uncomfortable and sketchy evening until Kevin came home. Thomas had been having a sleep over at Grandma's house, and I was blessed to have two dear friends with me at the time of the call. They took care of me physically and emotionally. God knew I would need strength and support that afternoon- there is no question about it that He put those two friends in my house that day.
Being through something like this has made me appreciate the Plan of Salvation and Eternal Families in a whole new light. I am so grateful to know that I am sealed to my husband for eternity. (Sorry babe- not getting rid of me ever!) So grateful to know that no matter what happens, I will have him next to me always.
Kevin was put on paid administrative leave until the investigation was done. However, they know in advance that he was all clear so they brought him back to work on Feb. 7th. The entire month of January, he was home with me. Up until that time, with bed rest, I had family and ward members over a lot to help me out. There were so many acts of kindness given to my family. Words can't express how grateful I am. Somehow the Lord knew that I needed more, and Kevin was able to be home with me for over a month to be there for our family. He really knows what He is doing. Kevin and I were able to have a lot of time together. More than we have ever had before in our marriage due to his work schedule. It was wonderful. We got to have one on one time and time with Thomas before our lives would be forever changed for good again with the birth of our daughter, Olivia.
Despite the horrible circumstances that brought Kevin home, I wouldn't trade that time with him for anything. I needed it. He needed it. Thomas needed it. God facilitated it. Thank you Lord.
Then, it was Baby time two weeks after he went back to work! Olivia was born healthy, and happy. She is a great baby! (Baby story to come in another post.) Thomas loves being a big brother and has no jealousy issues so far. I told him before Liv was born that I chose him specifically to be my special helper with Olivia because he was such a good helper. I knew he would do a great job. He took his job very seriously and we had a few practice runs on him grabbing a burp rag for me, etc. He loves Baby Liv so much he told me he wanted her to be his wife when they grow up. I informed him that she already had a job being his sister, so she couldn't be his wife too. Two jobs is too much- he would have to choose another girl he loved when he grew up to have the wife job. He thought for a moment and then said, "Oh. Ok." That was the end of that. Point for Mama!
I am so grateful for my family. Can't believe I have two kids. Children. As in plural! Never thought I'd see the day. And so far- I'm loving it. Life is good.
Sunday, April 1, 2012
Coming up for air
Rambled by Mandy at Sunday, April 01, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 additional ramblings:
Wow, what an eventful start to the new year (and end to the old one). We're so glad things are going well for you guys and congratulations on the newest little bundle of joy. You are an amazing family.
I can't wait to meet her!! She is gorgeous just like her Mama! Love you!!
Post a Comment