Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Minestrone Soup

One of the best recipes I've ever come across. Really! I got it here. I get a lot of the best food ideas from Our Best Bites. They ROCK!

But I've made a few alterations to this recipe to fit what my family likes.

I fell in love with this soup- and it is easy to make. Especially since I've started using my dried veggies from my food storage. It's a great way to use up the zucchini that seem to be everywhere.

I also bought zucchini in bulk, chopped it into the appropriate sizes, put it on a tray and froze it. Into a giant freezer bag and can pull out the amount of zucchini that I need for the soup anytime I want.

I also keep Italian sausage in the freezer for this recipe too.

Instead of adding the 4 cups of water with the 1 can of beef broth, I make it 4 cans of beef broth and 1 cup of water. This makes sure it has lots of flavor. It was too bland with the 4 c. water.

You can use all fresh ingredients or canned or frozen if you choose. It's easy to adapt.

It's fun to throw in some small pasta at the end too.

This soup is great for these cooler days and makes you feel at home.

Let me know if you try it!

0 additional ramblings: