Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Friday, May 14, 2010

Grief and gratitude

No words can describe the grief, horror and despair felt after I read the whole story regarding little Ethan Stacy. I had gotten home from a late night at dance, and checked ksl.com. I don't check the news often because I worry too much about Kevin being out there in the middle of it all. So I hadn't heard this boy had even been "missing". My heart broke and tears welled instantly in my eyes. How could anyone do something so horrible to an innocent Child of God? Despite the late hour, I rushed across the hall to Thomas' room and picked up my sleeping boy. I held him as I cried. Praying to my Heavenly Father, how grateful I was for my son and how grateful I was that Ethan was now with him and out of those monster's hands. I am grateful that those who do love that little boy on the other side are now surrounding him with that unconditional love and support. I know we have all been affected in some degree by this occurance. Let it be a reminder to hold our children a little tighter and say I love you a few more times when our patience is running out. Cherish each moment and recognize them for the blessings they are.

2 additional ramblings:

[Morgan] said...

ditto.

Adrianne said...

I know, that story made me sick to my stomach and I was just so mad! How could anybody in their right mind do such a thing. I need to be more patience with my kids! They are soooo dear, and they need to know that they are always loved!!