Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Sunday, December 6, 2009

Why?

Why oh why must I spend every birthday being sick? I'm getting a little tired of it to be honest.
I've had a cold for the past few days, but it brought me to a screeching halt today. Nasty sore throat and no voice. I mean ZERO. Kevin told me I sounded like a barkless dog at a fence. Nice. I'm freaking out a bit because I leave for a dance competition on Tuesday. I've been doing everything I can possibly think of to get rid of this cold. I am happy to report that I can now speak...softly. My throat still hurts, but no where close to where it was this morning.

I woke up this morning to beautiful pink roses and a tender card from my hubby. I'm so lucky to have him. Mom and Dad in law came by tonight and brought a cake. We did the birthday song thing accompanied by candles and wishes. Who can guess what I wished for?!?! Aw man! Now it won't come true! Darn it all.

This year has flown by and has had many changes entwined in it. I am so grateful for my life and the lessons I have learned. It's not easy to see how strong you will become while you are in the middle of a situation- but the other side is worth it.

3 additional ramblings:

Adrianne said...

the other side is worth it!! I am sorry you had to be sick on your birthday! hope you get feeling better in time for COmpetition! Also, Hope you had a good birthday with your family! We are excited to have Thomas at our house while you and gone and Kevin working! let me know if you need anything else before you leave!

Heidi said...

Happy Birthday! I'm sorry you were sick, you will have to celebrate when you're feeling better. Good luck at the competition!

Amy said...

Happy Birthday! ARe you feeling any better? That's the worst to be sick on your birthday!