Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Sunday, November 22, 2009

New Moon Experience

The past two weeks have been a trial. With only a week and a half to choreograph a Twilight inspired show and getting over a wicked cold that would not go away- I had my work cut out for me. It's over now and I've made some new friends with wonderful people. It was a lot of fun and glad that I didn't cancel the show like I had thought of. In fact... everyone loved it so much, we were invited to come back in June for the Eclipse release. This is me and the Original Twilight Mom, Lisa Hansen. She is the sweetest person. So glad I attacked her!

Let's back up a little bit to re-live it all. Feel free to skip ahead to pictures and videos. This is more for my journal entry so I won't forget it all. This could get long...

People kept dropping out of performing at the last minute. Between that and not finding time for us all to practice the group routines- stress. I had several stress migraines, one of which ended up with me barely getting home, parking the car and running inside just in time to puke. Yeah. That was fun.
Our booth was located in "La Push". They had different colored curtains for the different cities. Green for Forks, Blue for La Push and Black for Volterra. They had a volvo, the truck and the yellow porsche parked around the Event. It really was quite neat. I couldn't believe to the extent the Twilight Moms and Events By Alice went to. Impressive.

When we were all there, we had about an hour and a half to teach Mark, one of our new associates, the second part of the Paso Doble he had missed out on the day before because of work.

Christine, one of our students, came to help promote us and to document the show. She went around and talked to several TVchannels including Reelz Channel and had them come over.
She then went over and grabbed "Edward" and brought him to our booth. His name is Dan. And he is the nicest person.
Yes, I realize I am short. There is no need to rub it in.
Ha Ha. I look like a vampire running here. I got a good chuckle when I saw this picture.

Christine had a great idea to put him in a routine as a cameo. So we decided to have him in the Cullen Family Baseball Cha Cha. We are supposed to pretend to play baseball in the beginning and I was supposed to be picked up so I could "catch" the ball. He was game, so this was our first attempt.
We needed it to be longer to take up some time in the song. He just said he would hold me up higher to kill time. Well, when the time came, yeah- he literally lifted me above his head. I wish we had gotten a picture of it. The video only shows coming down.


When people heard Super Massive Black Hole by Muse come out of the speakers- they rushed the clock tower. (We were performing in Volterra.) The Event coordinators told us that we had the biggest draw of any of the other performances. Woot! Woot!
The Viennese Waltz was a big hit too. I'm happy with how it turned out. I really wanted to express that newness and discovery of love. The song, Phascination Phase, from the Twilight soundtrack fit perfectly. One of our performances was so quiet. I swear I could hear crickets. So I was telling people coming by the booth to check out our show and to cheer loud- we perform better that way. I think it worked.




The Bolero was a stretch for me because I've never been trained in Bolero before. I learned this routine the day before the Event. We had a lot of compliments on it. The song is about Bella never quite feeling good enough for Edward.

In fact, we were asked by the Twilight Music Girls to perform with them. so Martin and I did our Bolero to their song, Give It Away. It was beautiful. They want us to coordinate 3 songs for the Eclipse Event in June. How fun!

Tango was fun to do. We couldn't pull off a group number. Not enough time. So Martin and I did our Tango from last December. We were supposed to be unnamed miscellaneous members of the Volturi... lol.



Now we were trying to do a Wolf Pack Paso Doble. Well- It didn't turn out the way we wanted it to seeing as it was last minute. So, I will only post some pictures...
This next picture makes me laugh. It was the Jacob/Bella Cha Cha Solo. It looks like Chelsea is a vampire biting Mark's shoulder.

The second day- Mark couldn't get work off- so we made everything a solo. It worked fine and wasn't a big deal. A little stressful while trying to work it out- but it turned out okay.
This post is a bit big- so I will finish it when I get more video to share.

2 additional ramblings:

Adrianne said...

looks like you guys had fun! i might just have o go down in June. You guys did great!!! Have fun!

Dan said...

I am so glad it all turned out so well! You are amazing to be able to do all that!