My dance partner called me last night, and told me that at the last minute (why am I surprised?) he decided to get us a booth at the Women's Expo and wanted me there to help. Sure. No problem. Good advertising.
So I'm there this morning, hanging out with Martin and shaking my groove thang to get attention so we can get clients.
WARNING!: UNRESTRAINED FAN GIRL AHEAD!
I see a woman pass by and I recognize her as Lisa, the founder of Twilightmoms.com. Yes. I recognized the woman. I had met her once before last summer whilst trying to get a glimpse of Stephenie Meyer doing a TV spot on channel 2 a block away from my office, but I knew she had zero clue as to who I was.
So I tell Martin, who she was. He rolled his eyes, and said, well go give her a free dance lesson. (Which is what we were giving everyone.) So, I trek over to her, put my arm around her casually, and say, "Hi Lisa." She looked at me like I was a crazy person- which I am. Then said, "I'm a Twilight Mom." Which instantly makes us family and she gave me a big hug while she squealed. We started to chat and I asked her what she was doing here at the Expo. She told me about the New Moon Experience there at the Expo center on the 19th and 20th. It's a giant 2 day party for the opening of New Moon the movie. There will be Twilight Inspired bands playing, and you can get pictures taken in "Forks, La Push and Volterra" Have an Edward look alike playing the piano , etc. It is THE BIGGEST TWILIGHT PARTY IN UTAH for the movie premier. So, I'm thinking- wow, that's awesome. I had no clue they were doing that.
After she tells me this and gives me her flier, I in turn, give her my flier. I tell her I am a ballroom dancer and giving a free 30 minute private lesson and I would love to have her come check us out. This is where I geek out. Literally. By turning off my geek censor, I tell her, "I have always wanted to choreograph a Viennese Waltz to "Phascination Phase" on the Twilight Soundtrack. It would be a great piece, depicting the dynamic of the Bella/ Edward relationship and how new, confusing and beautiful it is. She looked at me blankly for a moment and I thought- great I've really gone all twi-geek on her. She looks down at her arm and shows me her goosebumps and says, "What are you doing the 19th and 20th?" Uh- wha?!!?!
"Do you want us to do a show?" She says, "That would be so cool!" I drag her over to Martin and introduce them and show her what a Viennese Waltz looks like so she knew what she was getting herself into. Her friend tagged along and was equally excited. I then told her about the baseball scene in the movie's Supermassive Black Hole song was a kickin' cha-cha. "NO WAY!" she says. I said, "And we can wear baseball uniforms!" Her next words I kid you not, "Where have you been?!?!?!? Why haven't you contacted me before about this?!?"
So, somehow I've talked THE Twilight Mom into letting little ole' me come to THE biggest Twilight party that will be covered by REELZ CHANNEL AND THEIR TWILIGHT WEEKLY SPOTLIGHT come and have 4, yes count them 1,2,3,4 performance spots!
SQUEEEEEE!!!!!!!
They will be 30 minute shows and we are thinking about 5 dances. We are even tossing the idea around of using some of the songs from The Mitch Hansen Band and Twilight Music Girls who will be performing and maybe dancing to them live.
I'm on a mad hunt for possible music choices and my brain is going crazy with choreography options. Any advice on either would be greatly appreciated.
I know-I'm weird. So I have a V. Waltz with "Edward & Bella", a Cha-cha with the "Cullen family", a Rumba with "Bella, Edward and Jacob." (I know!!! squee!) a tango with "Volturi", and maybe a jive with "Bella & Jacob"? I don't know. Thoughts anyone?!?
I seriously think I'm dreaming here. Maybe I should call Lisa to make sure... HA!
How cool is this?!?!
Friday, November 6, 2009
I MUST BE DREAMING!
Rambled by Mandy at Friday, November 06, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



8 additional ramblings:
OH MY GOSH. I hate you. Literally, I've never felt this much jealousy in my life for one person, and you aren't even meeting the characters. LOL. This is incredible! What an amazing experience for you! I'm super excited for you and hope you do a killer job. No advice from this corner, I'm sure you'll blow it out of the park. How awesome is this?!?!??
I'm so excited for you! I can't wait to hear how it all goes. Congrats!
Mandy, that is so exciting. What a dream come true! Good luck planning it all!
Danny says you should do the paso doble with Jacob. What ever that means. :)
way cool!!! good luck! let me know how it goes!!
yay yay yay!!!Will it be filmed so we can see your amazing talent and creativity again?
Kristine, I will try to have someone there to film it for us. Hey- if you want a ticket you can be our roadie. lol!
A paso with Jacob eh? If only the score soundtrack had been released! I know there would be a good wolf pack paso and volturi tango. I know it! Darn it all!
YAY! Congrats, that's so awesome! You'll do great and have a fabulous time in the process! Of course, you can't have advice from me because it would go something along the lines of "maybe a fondant tango or color flow waltz would be good". Or maybe "make sure you get a contract". LOL!! But congrats, I'm so proud of you!
Post a Comment