The birthday every mom wonders where her baby has gone and has been replaced by a monster. At least that was me. Maybe it was because the twos really are terrible. Maybe it was because he had a wicked cold that he has since passed on to me. (lovely) Maybe it's because the poor kid would have his present taken away from him as soon as he opened it so he could open another.
Parental Note: Open one present, wait until it loses appeal to open another to avoid breakdown in front of birthday guests.
We had a herd of family come over to celebrate with a dinner and a kickin' birthday cake.
Thomas got a bunch of fun things including a puzzle of transportation things, some little red cars, a Doc Hudson car that talks and goes fast, some clothes, some dinosaurs, a backpack for Grandma's house, and a Cars RC track. So much fun! 


Parental Note: Hand out guest goodie bags before presents are opened to keep them busy enough to be out of pictures. HA!
A former co-worker of mine makes cakes when she's not busy being a lawyer. And she's dang good at it! Thomas is big into a show called Word World. His favorite episode is called Rocket to the Moon. You can find part 1 here and part 2 here if you have time to watch. We asked for a cake around that theme, and she delivered! It is gorgeous! And is delicious! I warned her that Kevin didn't like cake at all unless it's "decadent". She pulled out all the stops- a chocolate pound cake with ganache filling. Decadent indeed! I had a hard time cutting into it knowing how hard she worked on it and how cute it was. But come on- I couldn't leave the ganache waiting for me... HA!
The evening took a turn for the better when we brought out the cake and sang happy birthday to Thomas. He was so into it. Check out this adorable video of everyone singing and Thomas laughing. So adorable!
I got about 3 bites of heaven, and then had to clean up and put dinner away and say good bye to guests. My plate was abandoned for the evening unfortunately.
Parental Note: Don't make a plate for yourself until after the party and child is in bed to reap maximum benefits from chocolate cake.
Thanks to everyone who brought food to contribute, drove to Davis County during rush hour and in construction! You're the best! It was a lot of fun to have everyone over.
Now only if Thomas and I can get over this nasty cold!



4 additional ramblings:
Happy Birthday Thomas!
That cake is outstanding. Really really awesome.
I'm with you Mandy, I love birthdays, but parties are not meant to be enjoyed by the mom at all. I always finish cleaning up, put the kids to bed and then enjoy a huge piece of cake and a diet coke while reading or blogging! ha ha.
I am glad u guys had a great birthdya with Thomas! Happy Birthday dude!! Good luck with the cold thing! Hope you get better soon! Let me know if you need anything! Birthday cake.....very awesome! Love it
That cake is sweeT!!! How cool! Glad that it turned out well and I'm still so sorry that I wasn't up to making it!!
Happy birthday to Thomas! I hope you're feeling better now.
Post a Comment